PortalPortal  HomeHome  MemberlistMemberlist  Log inLog in  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  

Share | 

Bad news...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 108

PostSubject: Bad news...   Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

You can probably already see the site has been "hacked" once again and everything has been deleted. One of the admins, firestorm, has been hacked. Here's proof from the security page within the admin panel that he's been hacked for sure:

Spoiler:

As you can see, Kira simply used the "Forgot my password" to get into his account.

I have banned firestorm's account, so firestorm feel free to create a new one. Just wanted to let you all know how this has happened again.

Admins will discuss what we will do next. Most likely we'll have to move to another forum, although the reason this has happened was because firestorm's password was probably easily guessed. In other words, it's barely a hacker, just someone who was nothing better to do. Although they're both the same thing...

AuthorMessage
SilentHeroX
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 1360
KCVDS Username : SilentHeroX

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Fallen wrote:
I already stated forumotion is safe, it's not their problem if you use pass "Yugioh" or something that is easily guessed. My password has 29 letters and I never got my forum hacked. No one can hack, they can just use cookie stealer, or hack your mailbox and then change the pass, and there is option to remove "I have forgotten my pass" for admins, so you're safe.

Who would use a pass like yugioh its quite obvious xD.

Want to talk with me or duel? Join this ham net The Circuit Pass:duel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Fallen wrote:
I already stated forumotion is safe, it's not their problem if you use pass "Yugioh" or something that is easily guessed. My password has 29 letters and I never got my forum hacked. No one can hack, they can just use cookie stealer, or hack your mailbox and then change the pass, and there is option to remove "I have forgotten my pass" for admins, so you're safe.

My password is random numbers and my account was hacked on my team forum. The hacker did not use the "I forgot my password" thing nor did he guess. I was talking with Ace, some of you may know him, he's into this stuff. xD He told me we're not dealing with a nub who randomly guesses passwords, this guy knows how to hack. :/

So forumotion is a problem, considering it is easier to hack than other hosts.

Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 11
KCVDS Username : LotoDrandel87

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm

so is there any way of making a forum or some type of academy without using forumotion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hexadecimal

Female
Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Silent I'm not trying to take advantage I'm offering you a hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebornShadow
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 101
KCVDS Username : RebornShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 pm

LotoDrandel87 wrote:
so is there any way of making a forum or some type of academy without using forumotion?

A lot of ways, but Silent knows what hes doing so I'll spare everyone of the bother of listing the possibilities

Last edited by RebornShadow on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 am

I think the solution is quite obvious. You've been saying that forumotion isn't safe for quite some time now, so, all you gotta do is decide wether you want to stay with a weaker host, rather than moving to a new host.
A new host would be the best option, regarding the lack of security, with forumotion as our host.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 am

Guys we've already found a new host and we're experimenting with it. For the last time we are moving to a different host.

Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 pm

I guess that's what we were all waiting for, a final decision. I've noticed that a few members are confused, so I suggest you should make a final topic, that will be shown on the "Home" page. So everyone that visits this website, will know that we've moved.

This post was written in regard of those members who were, and still are confused about all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace
Black Rose Dorm
Black Rose Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Release the site, as long as the mods and admins have strong passwords, Kira can't do anything to the site. Be wary of the links you click and the programs you download as well.

Finally, feel free to use this to redirect people to the new Duel Kings, paste it in the "Site Description" box in your forum which not sure, but I believe it is in:
General -> Configuration -> Site Description

The number after "content=" is the number of seconds it will take to redirect to the new site.

Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh"
content="1;url=[DUEL KINGS URL HERE]">

Have fun, be safe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentHeroX
Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 1360
KCVDS Username : SilentHeroX

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks a lot ace Very Happy, and we will be safe.

Want to talk with me or duel? Join this ham net The Circuit Pass:duel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   

Back to top Go down

Bad news...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2