Duel Kings Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  

Bad news...

Go down 
+10
Kyosuke Kiryu
Hexadecimal
Azaryn
Enigma_m7
RebornShadow
darkneji12
estartes
SilentHeroX
LotoDrandel87
Atticus Rhodes
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator
Atticus Rhodes

Male
Number of posts : 108

Bad news... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

You can probably already see the site has been "hacked" once again and everything has been deleted. One of the admins, firestorm, has been hacked. Here's proof from the security page within the admin panel that he's been hacked for sure:

Spoiler:

As you can see, Kira simply used the "Forgot my password" to get into his account.

I have banned firestorm's account, so firestorm feel free to create a new one. Just wanted to let you all know how this has happened again.

Admins will discuss what we will do next. Most likely we'll have to move to another forum, although the reason this has happened was because firestorm's password was probably easily guessed. In other words, it's barely a hacker, just someone who was nothing better to do. Although they're both the same thing...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SilentHeroX
Founder
Founder
SilentHeroX

Male
Number of posts : 1360
KCVDS Username : SilentHeroX

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Fallen wrote:
I already stated forumotion is safe, it's not their problem if you use pass "Yugioh" or something that is easily guessed. My password has 29 letters and I never got my forum hacked. No one can hack, they can just use cookie stealer, or hack your mailbox and then change the pass, and there is option to remove "I have forgotten my pass" for admins, so you're safe.

Who would use a pass like yugioh its quite obvious xD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator
Atticus Rhodes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:34 pm

Fallen wrote:
I already stated forumotion is safe, it's not their problem if you use pass "Yugioh" or something that is easily guessed. My password has 29 letters and I never got my forum hacked. No one can hack, they can just use cookie stealer, or hack your mailbox and then change the pass, and there is option to remove "I have forgotten my pass" for admins, so you're safe.

My password is random numbers and my account was hacked on my team forum. The hacker did not use the "I forgot my password" thing nor did he guess. I was talking with Ace, some of you may know him, he's into this stuff. xD He told me we're not dealing with a nub who randomly guesses passwords, this guy knows how to hack. :/

So forumotion is a problem, considering it is easier to hack than other hosts.
Back to top Go down
LotoDrandel87
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm
LotoDrandel87

Male
Number of posts : 11
KCVDS Username : LotoDrandel87

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm

so is there any way of making a forum or some type of academy without using forumotion?
Back to top Go down
Hexadecimal

Female
Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Silent I'm not trying to take advantage I'm offering you a hand.
Back to top Go down
RebornShadow
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm
RebornShadow

Male
Number of posts : 101
KCVDS Username : RebornShadow

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 pm

LotoDrandel87 wrote:
so is there any way of making a forum or some type of academy without using forumotion?

A lot of ways, but Silent knows what hes doing so I'll spare everyone of the bother of listing the possibilities

Last edited by RebornShadow on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm
Patrick

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 am

I think the solution is quite obvious. You've been saying that forumotion isn't safe for quite some time now, so, all you gotta do is decide wether you want to stay with a weaker host, rather than moving to a new host.
A new host would be the best option, regarding the lack of security, with forumotion as our host.
Back to top Go down
Atticus Rhodes
Administrator
Administrator
Atticus Rhodes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 am

Guys we've already found a new host and we're experimenting with it. For the last time we are moving to a different host.
Back to top Go down
Patrick
Red Archfiend Dorm
Red Archfiend Dorm
Patrick

Male
Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 pm

I guess that's what we were all waiting for, a final decision. I've noticed that a few members are confused, so I suggest you should make a final topic, that will be shown on the "Home" page. So everyone that visits this website, will know that we've moved.

This post was written in regard of those members who were, and still are confused about all of this.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Black Rose Dorm
Black Rose Dorm

Male
Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Release the site, as long as the mods and admins have strong passwords, Kira can't do anything to the site. Be wary of the links you click and the programs you download as well.

Finally, feel free to use this to redirect people to the new Duel Kings, paste it in the "Site Description" box in your forum which not sure, but I believe it is in:
General -> Configuration -> Site Description

The number after "content=" is the number of seconds it will take to redirect to the new site.

Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh"
content="1;url=[DUEL KINGS URL HERE]">

Have fun, be safe...
Back to top Go down
SilentHeroX
Founder
Founder
SilentHeroX

Male
Number of posts : 1360
KCVDS Username : SilentHeroX

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks a lot ace Very Happy, and we will be safe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news...   Bad news... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad news...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duel Kings Academy :: Do me a favor next time Kira? Get a freaking life geez-
Jump to: